Aarhus University Seal / Aarhus Universitets segl

Study Permit & Visa

Study Permit

Duration of Stay


6 months or less - You do not need a Study Permit or a CAQ
More than 6 months - You must apply for and receive your Study Permit prior to your arrival in Canada.

- If you are going to Québec, you must ALSO apply for and receive your CAQ (Quebec Acceptance Certificate for Studies) prior to your arrival in Canada

 We encourage you to apply for a Study Permit even if you technically do not require one. The benefits of having a Study Permit are:

  • You can work part-time (on and off campus) during your studies in Canada;
  • You can apply to renew your Study Permit from within Canada. Otherwise, you would have to leave Canada in order to apply for one.

Detailed information and application forms 


As a Danish citizen, you do not need a temporary resident visa to study in Canada.

If you do not have the Danish citizenship, please consult  the Visit section of Immigration and Citizenship Canada website.